Candace Cameron Bure announced Thursday that she will be leaving the show after less than two seasons. “It’s a little bittersweet today because I’m announcing that I will be leaving The View,” the 40-year-old mother of three told the in-studio audience.
“It wasn’t an easy decision,” she continued. “Before I started The View, I had already had my commitments to Fuller House and my work with the Hallmark Channel…Because of the success of those, my commitments have become even greater with those shows.” Bure became a co-host on the show in 2015 while simultaneously filming the sequel for Netflix. Her View contract was renewed for Season 20 this year and Fuller House was also picked up for a second season.
The star also that the reasoning behind her departure to is because of having to travel between both coasts on a regular basis. “The commute of going west coast to east coast every single week for me has been tough on me and hard for my family as well,” she explained. “I want to make sure that I am able to spend as much time with my children.”
Bure expressed her gratitude to the women taking the lead on the team. “I thank everybody, Whoopi, Joy…for welcoming me to this table. I’ve learned so much from you and I’m so grateful for you,” she continued. “I tried to be superwoman, but I’m going to not try anymore.”
“With all the sex talk we do, you miss your husband!” Goldberg quipped.
The actress will certainly be missed by The View family. “On behalf of everyone at ‘The View,’ it’s been a pleasure working with Candace, a devoted mother, talented actress, and passionate co-host who never hesitated to speak her mind,” Executive Producer Candi Carter said in a statement.
“We are thrilled for her success with ‘Fuller House’ and her Hallmark movies. She will always be a part of ‘The View’ family and we will gladly welcome her back to the show to support her with all of her endeavors.”